I manually removed some archivelogs and then did a crosscheck. However, when the backup and reports run those logs that were manually removed are still showing up as 'validation failed for archived log X'. What is the proper syntax for the crosscheck command to get everything back in sync again or is it a different command besides crosscheck that I should be using?

Search Discussions

  • Guillermo Alan Bort at Jun 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm
    You failed to mention the version you are on. I think the proper way to
    crosscheck changed from 8i to 11g once or twice...

    are you using a catalog? did you sync the catalog before teh crosscheck? did
    you run the crosscheck connected to the catalog? did you sync after?

    cheers
    Alan.-
    I manually removed some archivelogs and then did a crosscheck.
    However, when the backup and reports run those logs that were manually
    removed are still showing up as 'validation failed for archived log X'.
    What is the proper syntax for the crosscheck command to get everything back
    in sync again or is it a different command besides crosscheck that I should
    be using?

  • P D at Jun 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm
    Version 10g. Have run into this issue with two different databases. One uses the catalog and the other is nocatalog

    You failed to mention the version you are on. I think the proper way to crosscheck changed from 8i to 11g once or twice...

    are you using a catalog? did you sync the catalog before teh crosscheck? did you run the crosscheck connected to the catalog? did you sync after?

    cheersAlan.-

    I manually removed some archivelogs and then did a crosscheck. However, when the backup and reports run those logs that were manually removed are still showing up as 'validation failed for archived log X'. What is the proper syntax for the crosscheck command to get everything back in sync again or is it a different command besides crosscheck that I should be using?
  • Andrew Kerber at Jun 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    After doing the crosscheck, run 'delete obsolete;'. That should clear them
    off.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

  • Hemant K Chitale at Jun 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm
    After the CROSSCHECK, you need to run DELETE [NOPROMPT] EXPIRED ARCHIVELOG
    ALL;

    Hemant K Chitale

    sent from my smartphone