Hi all,

I'm working with a new oracle restart configuration and I'm finding few problem.

Grid infrastructure is installed as user grid, I have also 3
different databases installed with user db1, db2, db3.
oinstall is the primary group for grid and three dbs.
every db should have a dedicated listener with dedicated vip
version is 11.2.0.2 for all and OS is RH5.6 64bit

I've found that no dedicated listener from db home can be configured
directly in oracle restart.
Also, I'm not able to add, with srvctl from db home, the database to
CRS due to error CRS-0259.
VIP is not configurable due to lack of net1 resource.

Too many things are going bad. I'm trying to configuring something not standard?

Thanks
Ste

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Kerber at May 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm
    Yes. Oracle expects listeners to run from the grid infrastructure home.
    vips are normally configured at the server level, not the db level. It
    sounds to me like you are doing something very unusual, I am not sure if
    oracle will even support it.

    --
    http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu

    Andrew W. Kerber

  • Stefano Cislaghi at May 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm