Hi
If you are at a new client site and let us say they are on 11.1.0.7 but they
got there via upgrade paths and not a fresh install of 11g code tree.
How do you find out what were the prior versions of Oracle that were used.
I could have started with 8.1.7.4 and then upgraded to 9.2.0.6 and then
upgraded to 10.2.0.4 and then to 11gR1.
But is there any way to find out that my original code tree base started
with 8.1.7.4

The reason I ask this is, I am migrating a 11.1.0.7 database from Solaris to
Linux and there are objects in SYS and MDSYS schema that dont exist on my
Linux platform but do exist on Solaris. One of the reasons that this could
be possible is, because Solaris had an history of base installs and
upgrades but Linux box had a fresh install of 11.1.0.6 and patchsets on top
of it. There could be some objects that were created in prior installs and
upgrades that are obsolete in later versions but hang around in the schemas
(SYS or MDSYS or any other base schemeas). I dont think it matters but I am
using datapump to export and import data between platforms.

Thank you
Kumar

Search Discussions

  • Jack van Zanen at May 9, 2011 at 6:11 am
    The Oracle software should always be installed in a seperate tree but after
    the upgrade you can choose to uninstall a previous version.

    What you are after I guess is what patches has been run against the
    database. Try select * from sys.registry$history and see what it comes up
    with

    Jack van Zanen

    This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
    sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
    e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
    error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
    Thank you for your cooperation
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMay 9, '11 at 3:11a
activeMay 9, '11 at 6:11a
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Jack van Zanen: 1 post Kumar Madduri: 1 post