Hello
Has anyone cloned an oracle restart installation succesfully.
The clustereware admin and deploy guide (chapter 4) talks about cloning
clusterware but that seems to be valid for rac installations and not for
oracle restart configurations.

Thank you
Kumar

Search Discussions

  • Goran bogdanovic at May 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm
    Hi Kummar,

    my answer probably will not match your question 100% but:

    2-3 months ago I have tried to 'clone' and change the Oracle Restart home
    ... there is description in docs but I got aplenty of errors after running
    rootcrs.pl script ... IMO, either the process is not yet mature or wrongly
    described in docs. As I didn't have much time to do handicrafts, I quickly
    re-installed it.

    hth,

    regards,
    goran
    Has anyone cloned an oracle restart installation succesfully.
    The clustereware admin and deploy guide (chapter 4) talks about cloning
    clusterware but that seems to be valid for rac installations and not for
    oracle restart configurations.

    Thank you
    Kumar
  • Kumar Madduri at May 13, 2011 at 2:43 am
    Hi Goran
    Thank you for replying.
    Yes the document would work for rac clusterware but for Oracle Restart I
    could clone the oracle home just like we would clone normal oracle home and
    brought up the ohas there but I am sure there is more to it. I have an SR
    with Oracle but there is not much update there.

    Thank you
    Kumar