Hi

Working on 2-Node 11g RAC on AIX install and told SA to execute the root.sh to
run one by one but my mistake SA ran the root,sh on Node2 first and at the same
time also executed on Node1

RAC show all daemon are fine and vip are failover but oldnodes -n shows Node
numbered as 0 and 1
node1 0
node2 1

not sure if this is correct as it has to be 1,2...

Anybody has ideas if this is due to root.sh or it is common. There is no vendor
Cluster software installed on the environment.

TIA

Sanjay

Search Discussions

  • D'Hooge Freek at Apr 19, 2011 at 9:18 pm
    On linux with 11.2.0.2 I see 1 and 2

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
    Working on 2-Node 11g RAC on AIX install and told SA to execute the root.sh to run one by one but my mistake SA ran the root,sh on Node2 first and at the same time also executed on Node1

    RAC show all daemon are fine and vip are failover but oldnodes -n shows Node numbered as 0 and 1
    node1 0
    node2 1

    not sure if this is correct as it has to be 1,2...

    Anybody has ideas if this is due to root.sh or it is common. There is no vendor Cluster software installed on the environment.

    TIA

    Sanjay
  • Sanjay Mishra at Apr 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm
    I also find 90% environment shows including 10g R2,11gR1 and 11gR2 as going 1,2
    but this and one more existing env show them as strting from 0,1... Not sure if
    need to reinstall or can continue as other environment with 0,,,, is also
    working with no issue.

    Sanjay

    Working on 2-Node 11g RAC on AIX install and told SA to execute the root.sh to
    run one by one but my mistake SA ran the root,sh on Node2 first and at the same
    time also executed on Node1

    RAC show all daemon are fine and vip are failover but oldnodes -n shows Node
    numbered as 0 and 1
    node1 0
    node2 1

    not sure if this is correct as it has to be 1,2...

    Anybody has ideas if this is due to root.sh or it is common. There is no vendor
    Cluster software installed on the environment.

    TIA
    Sanjay

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 19, '11 at 9:04p
activeApr 19, '11 at 9:28p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Sanjay Mishra: 2 posts D'Hooge Freek: 1 post