Well, I have been doing an 11.2.0.2 installation. Digging into the details
after discovering that we are not supposed to use IPMP, I found out that it
uses an oracle technology called HAIP (High Availablility IP perhaps?) So,
I set this up and it responds per the Oracle document 1210883.1. However,
when I proceed to the failover test by shutting down one of the interfaces,
we lose asm and instances on node 2, which tells me its not set up right.
Has anyone found a document on how to set this up? I did have to set it up
manually using oifcfg, and I suppose I can do a complete
uninstall/reinstall. However, I dont think thats the issue since everything
else shows up as the documents says. Has anyone set this up on solaris, or
have any idea what document or information on how to debug this problem?

--
Andrew W. Kerber

  • D'Hooge Freek at Apr 14, 2011 at 1:22 pm
    Andrew,

    Am I correct in thinking that you used the same subnet for both interfaces?
    If so, I have filed a bug for this (Bug 10389682: HAIP INTERCONNECT DOES NOT WORK IF IP ADDRESSES ARE IN THE SAME SUBNET).
    As I expected this was a documentation bug. You need to use a different subnet per interface to avoid possible routing problems.
    No idea when Oracle will actually fix this in the documentation.

    Regards,

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
[...]

    †Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^
  • Andrew Kerber at Apr 14, 2011 at 1:26 pm
    Thank you!. I will try that today.
    Am I correct in thinking that you used the same subnet for both interfaces?
    If so, I have filed a bug for this (Bug 10389682: HAIP INTERCONNECT DOES
    NOT WORK IF IP ADDRESSES ARE IN THE SAME SUBNET).
    As I expected this was a documentation bug. You need to use a different
    subnet per interface to avoid possible routing problems.
    No idea when Oracle will actually fix this in the documentation.

    Regards,

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
    disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
    ---
[...]

  • Andrew Kerber at Apr 15, 2011 at 10:59 pm
    As a follow up, I had our sysadmin put the second interface on a different
    subnet, and everything worked properly. Kudos to Freek D'Hooge on that
    one. FYI, the sr I opened with oracle asking the question has yet to be
    looked at (still in state of 'new').
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 14, '11 at 1:10p
activeApr 15, '11 at 10:59p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Andrew Kerber: 3 posts D'Hooge Freek: 1 post