Hello All,

Hope eveyone doing good,

I have one issue,
Operating system:- Win 2008 R2 version 64 bit version

Installing the oracle client version 10201 of 64 bit.

When I execute the setup.exe i get the below error, I checked i have the
admin rights too.
I also verified the file size after copying to the server it remains the
same. I taught the software got corrupted so i downloaded a new copy and
tried again but then too same error. Please advise.

Abnormal program termination. An internal error has occured.
Please provide the following files to oracle
"unknown"
"unknown"
"unknown"

and it ends the installation. Please advise.

Thanks
Nilesh Soni
Oracle DBA

Search Discussions

  • Amaral, Rui at Mar 22, 2011 at 6:58 pm
    I think you have to use the 10.2.0.4 client for this:

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/10204-winx64-vista-win2k8-082253.html

    from note [ID 819254.1]

    Do not install Oracle Database 10g Release 2 on Windows Server 2008 using the 10.2.0.1 version. You must use the 10.2.0.3 (32-bit) or 10.2.0.4 (x64) versions specifically created for Windows Server 2008 to install Oracle Database 10g Release 2 on the operating system. For more information on installation

    It relates to the rdbms but I think it equally applies to the client.

    Rui Amaral
    Database Administrator
    ITS - SSG

    TD Bank Financial Group
    220 Bay St., 11th Floor
    Toronto, ON, CA, M5K1A2
    (bb) (647) 204-9106

    Operating system:- Win 2008 R2 version 64 bit version

    Installing the oracle client version 10201 of 64 bit.

    When I execute the setup.exe i get the below error, I checked i have the admin rights too.
    I also verified the file size after copying to the server it remains the same. I taught the software got corrupted so i downloaded a new copy and tried again but then too same error. Please advise.

    Abnormal program termination. An internal error has occured.
    Please provide the following files to oracle
    "unknown"
    "unknown"
    "unknown"

    and it ends the installation. Please advise.

    Thanks
    Nilesh Soni
    Oracle DBA

    NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
    AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 22, '11 at 6:49p
activeMar 22, '11 at 6:58p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Amaral, Rui: 1 post Nilesh kumar: 1 post