We are getting frequently the following error in alert log file.

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 55965
Checkpoint not complete

There are 3 redo log group wirh 50MB. Log swithches are happening at every
2 mins.I have increased DBWR process from 2 to 3.

When we taken an awr report top cpu event is 'enq: KO - fast object
checkpoint'

SQL> select sid,program from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or
program like '%DBW%';

SID PROGRAM

---------- ------------------------------------------------

593 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (CKPT)
595 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW2)
596 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW1)
597 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW0)

SQL> select sid,event,state,p1,p2,p3,seconds_in_wait from v$session_wait
where sid in (select sid from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or
program like '%DBW%');

SID EVENT

STATE P1 P2 P3 SECONDS_IN_WAIT
------------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------------
593 control file parallel write
WAITING 3 3 3 1
595 rdbms ipc message
WAITED KNOWN TIME 22 0 0 1
596 rdbms ipc message
WAITING 204 0 0 1
597 rdbms ipc message
WAITED KNOWN TIME 300 0 0 26

OS:RHEL4

oracle :10g

Please suggest me on this issue.

Regards
Krishna

Search Discussions

  • Powell, Mark at Mar 21, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    The "cannot allocate new log" generally means that your need to increase the size of your online redo log files. You may also want to add an extra file since you only have three.

[...]

  • Pavel at Mar 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm
    Hi
    How much members per redo group do you have?

    Best regards,
    Pavel.

    2011/3/21 KRISHNA MOORTHY
    Hi,