Hello all,

I am currently in the process of doing 3 node clusterware upgrade from 10gR2
(10.2.0.4) to 11gR2 on HPUX Itanium servers. I have selected ASM upgrade as
part of clusterware upgrade. The ASM configuration failed with INS-20802
error and I am unable to move forward from this upgrade operations. I tried
to google it without a luck. Though a few people come across of the similar
situation, there was no answer provided to resolve the issue.

Does any one out there for my rescue as I am in the middle of the upgrade
and seems in a dead lock situation.

Regards,

Jaffar

Search Discussions

  • Syed Jaffar Hussain at Mar 10, 2011 at 4:23 pm
    Just you update the status quickly. Manage to resolve the issue.

    On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Syed Jaffar Hussain <
    I am currently in the process of doing 3 node clusterware upgrade from
    10gR2 (10.2.0.4) to 11gR2 on HPUX Itanium servers. I have selected ASM
    upgrade as part of clusterware upgrade. The ASM configuration failed with
    INS-20802 error and I am unable to move forward from this upgrade
    operations. I tried to google it without a luck. Though a few people come
    across of the similar situation, there was no answer provided to resolve the
    issue.

    Does any one out there for my rescue as I am in the middle of the upgrade
    and seems in a dead lock situation.

    Regards,

    Jaffar
  • Martin Bach at Mar 11, 2011 at 10:42 am
    Now it would be great if you could let us know how you solved it :)

    Martin Bach

    Oracle Certified Master 10g
    http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach

    Reply message -----
    Just you update the status quickly. Manage to resolve the issue.

    On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Syed Jaffar Hussain <
    I am currently in the process of doing 3 node clusterware upgrade from
    10gR2 (10.2.0.4) to 11gR2 on HPUX Itanium servers. I have selected ASM
    upgrade as part of clusterware upgrade. The ASM configuration failed with
    INS-20802 error and I am unable to move forward from this upgrade
    operations. I tried to google it without a luck. Though a few people come
    across of the similar situation, there was no answer provided to resolve the
    issue.

    Does any one out there for my rescue as I am in the middle of the upgrade
    and seems in a dead lock situation.

    Regards,

    Jaffar
  • Syed Jaffar Hussain at Mar 11, 2011 at 10:49 am
    Hello Martin,

    I agree with your opinion. I am going to blog about this issue and how did I
    resolve the problem. Will share the link on oracle-l list.

    I must say a word about the Oracle support here. I
    am terribly disappointed by the response and the way they deal with the
    priority 1 issues. This is the second time in a week that I didn't get any
    solution for P1 issues. I had to spent a couple of hours myself to resolve
    the problem.

    Regards,

    Jaffar

    On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Martin Bach
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 10, '11 at 3:11p
activeMar 11, '11 at 10:49a