Hello All,

Good Morning Everyone!!,
Hope everyone is doing great!!

I have a question

Here is my scenerio.
OS :- Solaris
Database version:- 10g

My production database reside on RAC( oracle RAC) and test database reside
on non RAC.
I have to refresh the non RAC test database with RAC produciton database.
The backup is run on both with RMAN to tape.
I use to refresh non RAC test database with non RAC production database.
But now i have a challenge to refresh a non RAC test with RAC prod.
Could you please advise what steps should i follow. Or if you have any
checklist could you please share.

Thank You
Nilesh Soni
Oracle DBA

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Kerber at Feb 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm
    There is really nothing special to do. just run a restore/recover/open.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

  • Anonymous at Feb 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm
    Yes, it's really nothing special, but if you wanna do perfectly:
    1. Some initial parameter should be changed for single instance
    database. eg. cluster_database=false
    2. Drop the redolog groups which are for other instance
    3. Remove undo_tablespace parameter which points to other instances
    and also drop those undo tablespaces.

    Maybe you should check MOS note 358552.1: How to Convert RAC Database
    to Single Instance, although it's for covert, it's also fit your
    request, just ignore “Relink Oracle executable” step.

    Good luck!

    --
    Kamus

    Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com
    Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org
    There is really nothing special to do.  just run a restore/recover/open.
    My production database reside on RAC( oracle RAC) and test database reside
    on non RAC.
    I have to refresh the non RAC test database with RAC produciton database.
    The backup is run on both with RMAN to tape.
    I use to refresh non RAC test database  with non RAC production database.
    But now i have a challenge to refresh a non RAC test with RAC prod.
    Could you please advise what steps should i follow. Or if you have any
    checklist could you please share.

    Thank You
    Nilesh Soni
    Oracle DBA