Anyone ever configure the Grid Sql*Server agent on a sql database that
user dynamic ports? If so how did you handle it?

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Feb 4, 2011 at 7:08 pm
    nope - but thats because I configured the sql server plug in and decided
    that it made SQL*Calc look like a viable product. I really like Grid Control
    but damn it's amateurish at times.

    On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Goulet, Richard

    --
    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA

  • Goulet, Richard at Feb 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm
    Niall,

    SQWL*Calc??? One should not date oneself that hard.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

    nope - but thats because I configured the sql server plug in and decided
    that it made SQL*Calc look like a viable product. I really like Grid
    Control but damn it's amateurish at times.

    On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Goulet, Richard
    Anyone ever configure the Grid Sql*Server agent on a sql
    database that user dynamic ports? If so how did you handle it?

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader
  • Anonymous at Feb 4, 2011 at 7:44 pm
    Wait - are there only three of us on this list that used Sql*Calc?

    LOL!

    SQWL*Calc??? One should not date oneself that hard.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

    nope - but thats because I configured the sql server plug in and decided that it made SQL*Calc look like a viable product. I really like Grid Control but damn it's amateurish at times.
    Anyone ever configure the Grid Sql*Server agent on a sql database that user dynamic ports? If so how did you handle it?

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader
  • Goulet, Richard at Feb 4, 2011 at 7:48 pm
    Or are brave/stupid enough to admit it.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

    Wait - are there only three of us on this list that used Sql*Calc?

    LOL!

    SQWL*Calc??? One should not date oneself that hard.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

    nope - but thats because I configured the sql server plug in and decided
    that it made SQL*Calc look like a viable product. I really like Grid
    Control but damn it's amateurish at times.

    On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Goulet, Richard
    Anyone ever configure the Grid Sql*Server agent on a sql database that
    user dynamic ports? If so how did you handle it?

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader
  • Rick Weiss at Feb 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm
    We wear that as a badge of honor - almost as much as having been hogtied
    into using Report Writer 1.1

    Rick Weiss
    Oracle Database Administrator

    Student Assistance Foundation