You can use rman duplicate command with
skip tablespaces command.

From:
Sandra Becker

To:
oracle-l

Date:
23/12/2010 01:00 PM

Subject:
Critical data recovery 10gR2

Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Oracle 10.2.0.4
We have lost critical data in four different tables.Â
I need to recover the data from 4 days ago but cannot do a restore of the
production database.  Once many years ago, a coworker created a new
database restoring only the tablespaces we needed but neither of us took
notes on what we did.  Does anyone have a whitepaper or script to
get me going in the right direction?   I also am researching
Metalink but haven't found an answer yet.

--
Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

This message, including any attached documents, is intended for the addressees
only. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or
exempt from disclosure. No rights to privilege or confidentiality have
been waived. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please reply to the sender by e-mail and
delete or destroy all copies of this message.

Avant d'imprimer ce courriel, pensez à l'environnement

Ce message, incluant tous les documents joints, est à l'intention des destinataires
visés seulement.  Il peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels,
protégés et/ou ne pouvant pas être divulgués.   Aucune renonciation
n'est faite quant à sa nature confidentielle et privilégiée.  Par
conséquent, toute diffusion ou utilisation non autorisée est strictement
interdite.  Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser
immédiatement l’expéditeur par retour de courriel et en détruire toutes
les copies existantes.

†Ûiÿü0�úÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^

Search Discussions

  • Amaral, Rui at Dec 23, 2010 at 6:21 pm
    duplicate the database with the skip tablespace clause:

    RMAN: Creating a Duplicate Database [ID 73912.1]

    Duplicate Database Without Connecting To Target And Without Using RMAN [ID 732625.1]

    How To Create A Production (Full or Partial) Duplicate On The Same Host [ID 388424.1]

    Example of the dup database with skip in the following:

    RMAN 'Duplicate Database' Feature in Oracle9i / 10G and 11G [ID 228257.1]

    Rui Amaral
    Database Administrator
    ITS - SSG

    TD Bank Financial Group