How large is the alert.log that you consider using parallel query ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Dec 9, 2010 7:04 AM, "Lei Zeng" wrote:

Hi:

I have read few notes about using external table to read alert log.

http://proracle.wordpress.com/how-to-read-oracle-alert-log-file-using-external-table/

My question is: is it guaranteed that the line number in the file will be
kept the same as rownum in the table?

I am wondering if I use parallel option to read a file, the sequence of
lines in the file will be kept?

If no, is there other option to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Lei

Search Discussions

  • Lei Zeng at Dec 9, 2010 at 2:11 am
    Alert log is just one use case. I am considering the use case of other large files which need to keep the line order in the way like alert log.

    Thanks,
    Lei