Hi Everyone,

First happy Thanksgiving to all who will celebrate it!

Now, to my issue:
I have installed the Grid Control agent 10.2.0.4 on an OEL 5.5 server
running an 11.1.0.7 database. This is a vmware vm.

When I run emctl start agent, I get the following:
./emctl start agent
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 4 Grid Control 10.2.0.4.0.
Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Starting agent ...... failed.
The agentTZRegion value in
/u01/db/tech_st/agent10g/sysman/config/emd.properties is not in agreement
with what agent thinks it should be.Please verify your environment to make
sure that TZ setting has not changed since the last start of the agent.
If you modified the timezone setting in the environment, please stop the
agent and exectute 'emctl resetTZ agent' and also execute the script
mgmt_target.set_agent_tzrgn(, ) to get the value
propagated to repository.
Consult the log files in: /u01/db/tech_st/agent10g/sysman/log

And when I run the suggested emctl resetTZ I get
export TZ=US/Central
[dev2ora_at_hou-orastg01 bin]$ ./emctl resetTZ agent
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 4 Grid Control 10.2.0.4.0.
Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Updating /u01/db/tech_st/agent10g/sysman/config/emd.properties...
----- Tue Nov 23 11:32:44 2010::tzOffset for US/Central is 0(min), but agent
is runnning with tzOffset -360(min)

Tue Nov 23 11:32:44 2010::trying again after waiting for 1 sec to
account for daylight transition

Tue Nov 23 11:32:44 2010::tzOffset for US/Central is 0(min), but agent
is runnning with tzOffset -360(min)

resetTZ failed.
The agentTZRegion in:
/u01/db/tech_st/agent10g/sysman/config/emd.properties
is not in agreement with what the agent thinks it should be.
Fix your environment.
Pick a TZ value that corresponds to time zone settings listed in:
/u01/db/tech_st/agent10g/sysman/admin/supportedtzs.lst
US/Central is in supportedtzs.lst. I have researched MOS with no luck. I
do get some matches on the errors but the processes suggested basically come
back to
the procedure I'm using here. I have filed an SR and these are the steps
they gave me.

I'm not experienced with OEM but I have done the agent install on two other
boxes with the same configuration as this one without problems.

Pointers or suggestions, please?

Allan

Search Discussions

  • Allan Nelson at Nov 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm
    The first note did the trick. Thanks very much.

    Allan

    On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Amaral, Rui