We're migrating our disks from the current San arrray to a new San array.
In do this, the path names for the ocr, voting disks, and asm disks will change.
The configuration is 2-node Rac cluster. (solaris 10,,asm, oracle 10.2.0.4 throughout)

I'm looking at different ways to migrate the OCR, and voting disks to the new
array. I found a note on MOS which outlines the steps, that are needed to
recreate the ocr/voting disks, that have accidentally been deleted. I am hoping
to find another solution.

We have 2 ocr, and 3 voting disks. I was thinking of removing 1 of each
from the current array, and then recreating them on the new array. This would be
done before the migration. I'm not crazy about this solution either.

I've also looked at doing an export/import of the OCR after the san is migrated,
but I don't think that will work.

For the ASM devices, I have been told that there is nothing to do. ASM will handle
this in its own way, and migrate successfully. Can anyone verify this ?

Has anyone done a san migration with RAC ? Any suggestions on how to do this ?

Thanks for your time.

ed

Search Discussions

  • Amaral, Rui at Nov 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm
    I have done this on 11.1.0.7 as Paul suggested.

    We had the 2 arrays available on the host. I added an ocr copy then dropped the one to the old array and so on...

    the following is the note I used for this:

    OCR / Vote disk Maintenance Operations: (ADD/REMOVE/REPLACE/MOVE) [ID 428681.1]

    The examples they have is from raw to block device but the process is the same from one diskgroup to another.

    Rui Amaral
    Database Administrator
    ITS - SSG

    TD Bank Financial Group