Unless I am missing something obvious, within the run{} section of the duplicate script, try:

SET ARCHIVELOG DESTINATION TO '/somefilesystem/somedir/';

Pardon me if this is showing up thrice or so. I sent this reply from another account yesterday and against today - and haven't seen it yet.

Original Message -----
From: Taylor, Chris David
To: 'oracle-l@freelists.org'
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:55 AM
Subject: RMAN duplicate question regarding archivelog file locations on different server

I'm running a duplicate command to clone a database over to a dev server and the disk drive letters are different on the secondary server for the archivelogs. My backup disk location is the same on both servers.

Is there a way when doing a duplicate to tell RMAN to look in an alternate location than where the primary sends its archivelogs?

I'm receiving the RMAN-06025: no backup of log thread 1 seq 93814 lowscn 8775725044 found to restore error since the archivelog paths are different.

To get around this, I've backed up the archivelogs on the primary and copied those backups and I believe the restore will work from that point but it seems like there should be an easy way to have alternate file locations when doing a duplicate.

Thanks,

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA

Ingram Barge Company

Nashville, TN 37205

Office: 615-517-3355

Cell: 615-663-1673

Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 5, '10 at 7:12p
activeOct 5, '10 at 7:12p