Has anyone figured out how Oracle is using the dynamic endpoints, which
seems to be a new concept in 11gR2? Documentation seems to be notably
lacking on the files called endpoints_listener.ora, as well as the line
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_xx = ON in the listener.ora.

I have searched the metalink without any luck.

--
Andrew W. Kerber

  • April Sims at Oct 4, 2010 at 3:40 pm
    Andrew,

    11.2 Scan and Node TNS Listener Setup Examples [ID 1070607.1]
    How to Setup SCAN Listener and Client for TAF and Load Balancing [Video] [ID
    1188736.1]

    Note 952903.1 How to update the IP address of the SCAN VIP resources
    (ora.scan.vip)
    Note 975457.1 How to Troubleshoot Connectivity Issue with 11gR2 SCAN Name
    Note 972500.1 How to Modify SCAN Setting after Installation
    Has anyone figured out how Oracle is using the dynamic endpoints, which
    seems to be a new concept in 11gR2? Documentation seems to be notably
    lacking on the files called endpoints_listener.ora, as well as the line
    ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_xx = ON in the listener.ora.

    I have searched the metalink without any luck.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

    April Sims
    SELECT IOUG Contributing Editor
    http://aprilcsims.wordpress.com
    http://www.twitter.com/aprilcsims
    Oracle Database 11g � Underground Advice for Database Administrators
    http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Database-Underground-Advice-Administrators/dp/1849680000/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272289339&sr=8-1#noop
    https://www.packtpub.com/oracle-11g-database-implementations-guide/book
    OCP 8i, 9i, 10g DBA
    Southern Utah University
    aprilcsims_at_gmail.com

  • Herald ten Dam at Oct 4, 2010 at 3:42 pm
    Hi,

    there is this forum discussion which indicates that it is intented not to be in the documentation: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=962651

    Herald ten Dam
    http://htendam.wordpress.com

    Has anyone figured out how Oracle is using the dynamic endpoints, which seems to be a new concept in 11gR2? Documentation seems to be notably lacking on the files called endpoints_listener.ora, as well as the line ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_xx = ON in the listener.ora.

    I have searched the metalink without any luck.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

    †Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^
  • Bertrand Guillaumin at Oct 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm
    A coworker had asked the same question on the OTN forums:
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=962651

    To summarize : we are not sure how it exactly is going to work, so no documentation about it for now.

    Best regards,
    Bertrand Guillaumin

    Has anyone figured out how Oracle is using the dynamic endpoints, which seems to be a new concept in 11gR2? Documentation seems to be notably lacking on the files called endpoints_listener.ora, as well as the line ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LISTENER_xx = ON in the listener.ora.

    I have searched the metalink without any luck.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

    †Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^

grouporacle-l @