I think this going to me one of those "your mileage my vary" things.

even a guesstimate from my environment would have absolutely no bearing on
your environment. speed of disks, amount of cpu already being used, etc.

I don't think you'll get a firm answer because there really isn't one.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715