You can restore the database with the same name and change it afterwards.
Although duplicate using until time is much more sensible.

hth
Alan.-
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Jay Hostetter wrote:

As Niall stated, duplicate will work. I recently performed a disaster
recovery test of backups similar to what you are doing. The requirement was
to NOT connect to the production database (which wouldn't be available in a
disaster situation).

You probably need to change db_name and/or instance_name in your
spfile/init.ora.
After you get your database restored, change the DBNAME with the nid
utility.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Niall Litchfield <