you are correct... this is one of the groses flaws of standby/dataguard in
Oracle... it's even worse when you are using RAC on ASM, since the job NEEDS
to be an RMAN job and it cannot be a regular shell script to delete the
files and crosscheck.

hth
Alan.-

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Taylor, Chris David <