Hi Group,

A position as become available where I work. The company is named Fiberlink
(please see fiberlink.com for more information on what we do). This
opportunity is located in Blue Bell, PA which is north of Philly. This is a
really great company that is growing fast in the Software as a Service
space. They are using many advanced Oracle DB technologies
(RAC,ASM,NFS,OEM,DataGuard,Streams etc...). The DBA needs great RAC skills
and experience in an OLTP/DW environment hybrid environment. This is 100%
Linux. Please email me off list for more details. I am copying the job
description below.

Job Summary: Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)

The Oracle DBA will be supporting multiple environments from Development,
Quality Assurance (QA) and Production databases running Oracle 10g in a
clustered environment. Experience working in a production UNIX/Linux
environment is required for this position. Experience in performance
tuning, change implementation, backup and recovery, monitoring and
installation are key requirements. Candidate will also be expected to
provide application-level support for our in house J2EE applications running
on Tomcat and OC4J. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team
player with a strong organization, process and communication skills. This is
a permanent position, not a contract. No 3rd parties please. No H1's or
L1's.
Job Description

Installation and patching of Oracle RDBMS on Linux – adhering to
standard operating procedures
Performance tuning and administrative functions on Oracle production
databases
Enforce best practices in all areas of database administration and
architecture including
Review and implement database changes
Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for production databases
Ensure backup and recovery of all Oracle data using RMAN, Standby
Database and import/export
Develop scripts for reporting, data manipulation and automation of
daily tasks
Provide support to Development and QA teams on applications/database
issues
Engage and support Software Developers during the SDLC
Administration and support of Oracle’s Business Intelligence,
Informatica, Tomcat and OC4J applications
Develop and document formal processes and procedures

Job Requirements

Computer Science, or related science/Engineering degree (B.S. or
equivalent).
At least 3 to 5 years production Oracle DBA experience in a Linux/UNIX
environment
At least 2 years of experience with Oracle Real Time Application
Clusters 10g or 11g with ASM or NFS.
UNIX/Linux system knowledge sufficient to configure, maintain and
monitor Oracle instance(s)
Experience with OLTP, OLAP, DW, and ETL concepts
Experience with indexing strategies and reading explain plans
Experience with parallel processing, and partitioning
Experience with Oracle Data Guard
Experience with Oracle Grid Control, especially monitoring and alerting
and managing multiple databases
Database performance tuning ability is required
Familiarity with the Full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle and Oracle tools to support database
environments
Demonstrated knowledge of shell environments (C, Korn, KSH, Bourne)
Demonstrated proficiency of SQL and PL/SQL
Familiarity with HTML/ JAVA /Java scripts / JSP / PERL is a plus
Familiarity with Oracle’s Business Intelligence suite, Informatica and
J2EE administration is a plus.
Will require after-hours or occasional weekend work to make changes
during outage windows.
Excellent oral and written skills

Resumes should be sent to careers_at_fiberlink.com

Subject line must contain the following: Oracle DBA Position (Job ID:
careers119)

Compensation is negotiable and based on experience.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 27, '10 at 10:08p
activeApr 27, '10 at 10:08p