Am Mittwoch, den 21.04.2010, 19:56 +0530 schrieb nilesh kumar:
Hello DBA's

Good Morning!!
Hope everyone is doing a great job!!

Here is one requirements from the client side to refresh only the
procedures, package, and triggers of one schema which is in Prod
database to the schema of Test database.
I could have done the schema refresh but, the data in the Test is more
then the Prod database and they dont want the data to be refreshed
i see there is a very long list of the procedures,triggers etc...
Please advise is there any solution we can do this ?
Hi,

expdp und dbms_metadata jumps into my mind.

expdp knows a parameter named exclude and include where you can specify
what kind of data should be exported. You should be able to transport
the programms without the table data.

hth

Joerg Jost

Search Discussions

  • Yechiel Adar at Apr 22, 2010 at 5:50 am
    If you have TOAD with the DBA option you can do compare schemas and mark
    only the objects that you want to refresh.

    Adar Yechiel
    Rechovot, Israel

    nilesh kumar wrote:
    Hello DBA's

    Good Morning!!
    Hope everyone is doing a great job!!

    Here is one requirements from the client side to refresh only the
    procedures, package, and triggers of one schema which is in Prod
    database to the schema of Test database.
    I could have done the schema refresh but, the data in the Test is more
    then the Prod database and they dont want the data to be refreshed
    i see there is a very long list of the procedures,triggers etc...
    Please advise is there any solution we can do this ?

    Thanks
    Nilesh Soni
  • Japplewhite_at_austinisd.org at Apr 22, 2010 at 12:55 pm
    Check out the Data Pump utilities - expdp and impdp - if you're on 10g or
    above.

    Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
    Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
    512.414.9715 (wk) / 512.935.5929 (pager)

    triggers from Production with effecting the Tables in Test database

    nilesh kumar wrote:
    Hello DBA's

    Good Morning!!
    Hope everyone is doing a great job!!

    Here is one requirements from the client side to refresh only the
    procedures, package, and triggers of one schema which is in Prod
    database to the schema of Test database.
    I could have done the schema refresh but, the data in the Test is more
    then the Prod database and they dont want the data to be refreshed
    i see there is a very long list of the procedures,triggers etc...
    Please advise is there any solution we can do this ?

    Thanks
    Nilesh Soni

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle