From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
On Behalf Of Yechiel Adar
Sent: 14 April 2010 14:35
To: rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com
Cc: oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: Re: "Best" way to copy schema data to another DB

According to: http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/DataPump.txt by Yong
Huang.

If the table was in nologging then impdp do not generate redo log.

so:

1) Impdp structure only.
2) Alter all tables to nologging.
3) Impdp with ignore=y with network_link.
4) Alter all tables back to logging.

Use at your own risk. : I did not check that what he writes is correct.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Rich Jesse wrote:
I've alsotried using the NETWORK_LINK option of impdp, but it refuses
to use APPEND.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 14, '10 at 6:57a