Hi

This is maybe a beginner's question, however - I never actually thought about it previously.

So, when we start "recover database using backup controlfile until cancel" Oracle will provide suggestion:

ORA-00289: suggestion:
ORA-00280: change XYZ for thread 1 is in sequence #ABC

How does Oracle actually know that change XYZ is in particular sequence? If we have controlfile created from trace, where else we have this pair (change, sequence) stored?

Regards,
Vladimir Barac

Search Discussions

  • Jared Still at Mar 18, 2010 at 10:43 pm