From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of Juan Miranda
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:00 AM
To: oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: How rman delete obsolete NOT delete archivelogs.

Hi

I need to have 2 backups and 5 days of archivelogs on disk.

RMAN "delete noprompt force obsolete" delete backups and archivelogs.

Retention policy to redundancy 2;

I can´t use

DELETE BACKUP COMPLETED BEFORE 'SYSDATE-3' DEVICE TYPE DISK;

DELETE ARCHIVELOG UNTIL TIME 'SYSDATE-7';

because it´s time based and I need to have always 2 backup copies on disk.

Any way to do it?

Thks.

Search Discussions

  • Juan Miranda at Mar 17, 2010 at 3:34 pm
    Hi

    We have standby databases and we don´t want to re-configure standbys if the
    WAN is going down during 2 days and the archivelogs was deleted.

    So we need to have more archivelogs on production server but can´t have 5
    days of backups on disk because space constraints.

    We have 9i and there is not configure archivelog deletion policy to applied
    on standby;

    We do backup everyday. First to disk and then copy it to tape.

    Dick:

    We have older backups on tape so we can use and old backup and apply
    archivelogs to made point in time recovery.

    Thanks