Joel, this is about shared pool fragmentation not keeping blocks in the SGA.
Any PL/SQL intensive app is likely to benefit from this, assuming they've
packaged routines appropriately

On Mar 10, 2010 6:47 PM, wrote:

I really can't answer definitively one way or another. If it was good
for you under 8 and 9, then of course you know for versions 8 and 9.

The thinking has always been in the past (oracle 8 and 9), when the
subject came up, especially with tables, that the least recently used
algorithm employed by oracle would purge essentially keep the hot tables
anyway and so there wasn't any point in pinning them.

Now I'm sure you have more detail than that, but thought I'd put that
out there for consideration for whatever it might be worth.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

On Behalf Of Crisler, Jon Sent:
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:...

Subject: RE: SGA Fragmentation - How to Monitor If this is an Oracle
Applications / Ebiz / ERP syst...

Search Discussions

  • Mudhalvan Moovarkku at Mar 11, 2010 at 1:31 am
    Dear All,

    Thanks for everyone reply. I have checked the meta link
    document and feel I can do some scripting which will help me to find out
    the error before it come.

    By the way when I do analysis just few seconds before this
    error ORA-04031 happened one trace file was created at udump folder
    which has the following message and found the chunk is suddenly down
    from 6000 to 15.

    Snip Start - udump trace file

    FREELIST CHUNK COUNT:6328 OBJECT SIZE:184

    LATCH:10 TOTAL SPACE: 15447168

    FREELIST CHUNK COUNT:5072 OBJECT SIZE:184

    Permanent space allocated for KGL S handles

    LATCH:0 TOTAL SPACE: 348480

    FREELIST CHUNK COUNT:14 OBJECT SIZE:480

    LATCH:1 TOTAL SPACE: 341760

    FREELIST CHUNK COUNT:5 OBJECT SIZE:480

    LATCH:2 TOTAL SPACE: 345600

    Snip End - udump trace file

    Do you have any clue how to find why it is happened?

    Regards

    Mudhalvan M.M

    Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:...

    Subject: RE: SGA Fragmentation - How to Monitor If this is an
    Oracle Applications / Ebiz / ERP syst...

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 10, '10 at 6:55p
activeMar 11, '10 at 1:31a