Version 10.2

I am trying to clean up our sys.aud$ table. I want to clean slate our
auditing and start over. I don't want to disable auditing with the
audit_trail parameter. I just want to noaudit everything and then
selectively turn auditing back on for a few operations. I thought the
following would noaudit everything but I am still getting lots of records
added to sys.aud$:

select 'noaudit '||audit_option||';' from dba_stmt_audit_opts;
select 'noaudit '||privilege||';' from dba_priv_audit_opts;
select 'noaudit all on '||OWNER||'.'||object_name||';' from

dba_obj_audit_opts where object_type in('TABLE','VIEW');

Does anyone have a script to clean slate their auditing?

Thanks,
Tom Terrian

Search Discussions

  • Andrey khudyakov at Mar 5, 2010 at 1:23 pm
    Please, show parameter audit_sys_operations

    2010/3/5 Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB
    Version 10.2

    I am trying to clean up our sys.aud$ table. I want to clean slate our
    auditing and start over. I don't want to disable auditing with the
    audit_trail parameter. I just want to noaudit everything and then
    selectively turn auditing back on for a few operations. I thought the
    following would noaudit everything but I am still getting lots of records
    added to sys.aud$:

    select 'noaudit '||audit_option||';' from dba_stmt_audit_opts;
    select 'noaudit '||privilege||';' from dba_priv_audit_opts;
    select 'noaudit all on '||OWNER||'.'||object_name||';' from
    dba_obj_audit_opts where object_type in('TABLE','VIEW');

    Does anyone have a script to clean slate their auditing?

    Thanks,
    Tom Terrian
  • Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB at Mar 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm
    SQL> sho parameter audit_sys_operations;

    NAME TYPE VALUE
    ------------------------------------ -----------
    ------------------------------
    audit_sys_operations boolean TRUE

    I don't think this is the problem since the database next to it also has
    audit_sys_operations = True but generates no records in sys.aud$.

[...]

  • Allen, Brandon at Mar 5, 2010 at 3:47 pm
    Does the other database also have audit_trail=db?

    I don't think this is the problem since the database next to it also has
    audit_sys_operations = True but generates no records in sys.aud$.

  • Don Granaman at Mar 5, 2010 at 5:20 pm
    As of 10gR2 at least (and I rather doubt it will ever change), AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS=TRUE *never* generates audit trail writes to AUD$, but always to OS files or XML files in audit_file_dest. If AUDIT_TRAIL=DB or OS, it writes to OS files (*.aud). If AUDIT_TRAIL=XML, it writes to XML files.

    Does the other database also have audit_trail=db?

    I don't think this is the problem since the database next to it also has audit_sys_operations = True but generates no records in sys.aud$.

  • FMHabash at Mar 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm
    This should turn all audit opts off

    Noaudit all;
    Noaudit all privileges;
    Noaudit all on default;

    You can NOT turn basic sys audits off by design.

[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 5, '10 at 12:41p
activeMar 5, '10 at 5:20p