Hello everyone.

I've been going round and round with Oracle support and getting no
where. Hopefully one of you can help.

I'm running 9i OEM and using Dataguard. When you open up the Dataguard
application gui, there are 4 tabs: General Data Protection, Properties,
and Performance. On the Properties tab, there is one item called Health
Check Interval. This field allows me to set an interval of time in
hours, mins, or secs. I have it at 10mins.

My understanding is that this setting causes the broker to check the
status of its sites at the given interval. But, I can find nothing in
the DRC logs, or on the main Dataguard Broker screen that gets updated.
If I do a manual refresh of the status, the field "Last Refreshed on:"
gets updated on the screen.

Oracle is now telling me that this interval is not modifiable and
defaults to a minute. I have trouble with that statement since there is
a field that I can modify.

Anyone got any information on how this interval works, where it's
updated to (file or screen), etc?

Thanks

Bob

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Feb 25, 2010 at 8:51 pm
    At the very least you could ask for the log evidence that it is happening
    every minute.

    On Feb 25, 2010 7:24 PM, "Storey, Robert (DCSO)"
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 25, '10 at 7:22p
activeFeb 25, '10 at 8:51p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Niall Litchfield: 1 post Anonymous: 1 post