What is your opinion on running Oracle Application Server (10g) on top of
OEL or RHL?

We have the option of one of the following two:

Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 4
Red Hat Linux Version AS/ES Release 5 Update 4

Thanks,

Roger Xu

Search Discussions

  • Dave at Jan 14, 2010 at 5:40 pm
    The only difference I have noticed is that there is a little bit less
    setup with OEL.. Some of the pre-reqs have already been done for you.
    Other than that there is no difference.. OEL is built on RHEL.
    We have Oracle Apps Server (Fusion Middleware) 10.1.3.4 installed on Red Hat
    Enterprise Linux 5 and Oracle Unbreakable Linux (i've never found the
    difference between those two) and Windows Server 2003.... I think that's
    it.  They all run well enough.
  • Roger Xu at Jan 14, 2010 at 10:51 pm
    Thanks for everyone's reply. (Someone told me that the support cost is a
    little bit less with OEL.)
    The only difference I have noticed is that there is a little bit less
    setup with OEL.. Some of the pre-reqs have already been done for you.
    Other than that there is no difference.. OEL is built on RHEL.
    We have Oracle Apps Server (Fusion Middleware) 10.1.3.4 installed on Red Hat
    Enterprise Linux 5 and Oracle Unbreakable Linux (i've never found the
    difference between those two) and Windows Server 2003.... I think that's
    it. They all run well enough.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJan 14, '10 at 4:56p