Hello list,
I hope everyone had/is having a good holiday!

This is 64-bit 10.2.0.4 on RHEL 5.1.

I am trying to export data in sections using datapump (expdp) - one export
at a time with each export starting after the previous one is complete.
Doing this with regular export is fairly straightforward, however, with
datapump a simple script won't suffice - the script will start every export
as a different session.

Has anyone tried anything like this with expdp?

Thanks,
Rich

Search Discussions

  • Radoulov, Dimitre at Dec 28, 2009 at 9:14 pm
    I am trying to export data in sections using datapump (expdp) - one
    export at a time with each export starting after the previous one is
    complete.
    Doing this with regular export is fairly straightforward, however,
    with datapump a simple script won't suffice - the script will start
    every export as a different session.
    Hi Rich,
    I suppose I'm missing something because I've just tried a simple shell
    for loop with two different database users and it worked as expected
    (one after another).
    Could you give more details regarding the issue you have?

    Here is my command:

    for schema in user1 user2; do

    expdp userid=system/password DUMPFILE=$schema.dmp SCHEMAS=$schema
    done

    Regards
    Dimitre

grouporacle-l @