We do not have enough budget to get this training from Oracle University.
Any suggestion on self-study for an Oracle DBA? Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Allen, Brandon at Dec 18, 2009 at 8:59 pm
    "unless you want to dig into the guts" - in which case, there is a LOT you may need to know considering "Oracle App Server" is a conglomerate of several different complex components. There's a good chance you'll only use a fraction of the available components, so just try to figure out what those are, and then start reading up here:

    http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/core.1012/b13994/toc.htm

    I went to the App Server Admin I class last year and it was okay, but you could learn all that and more just by reading the standard docs and installing and playing around with the software on a test machine.

    Jared sent some good Oracle E-biz links, but I think that is a good deal different from Oracle App Server.

    Regards,
    Brandon

  • Jared Still at Dec 18, 2009 at 9:15 pm