Hi group,

I am working with a colleague and his client. He is installing an 11gR1 RAC
cluster and a year from now it will probably become an 11gR2 Rac Cluster.
There is push back that the Linux boxes must have SELINUX and IPTABLES
enabled, no exceptions. What is everyone's thoughts here? I spoke to a
couple people (including Oracle consulting) who claim that it will likely
not go over well and will result in a lot of wasted hours of troubleshooting
to make it work.

Has anyone been able to have this setup with IPTABLES and SELINUX enabled?
Is there a guide that documents what ports need to be opened? What about
SELINUX policies?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom