Luke,

We're using Tivoli Storage Manager. I have to open a channel to TSM so the
delete request is recorded in the TSM database. I would presume that is
they way most third-party tape solutions would work. If I don't, then I
have to go in and manually (there is an interface, but it just lists
mismatches between the tape DB and RMAN catalog) delete unwanted/deleted
backups from the tape DB.