esteemed list members

I wonder if you could direct your attention away from MOS just for a few
seconds. I see that Golden Gate software is now available for download from
Oracle in apparently 64bit form only. Is Golden Gate a purely 64bit product
(and yes I know Oracle will integrate/replace streams into this product
line) or is it that only the 64bit software is up there for now.

Search Discussions

  • David Mann at Nov 17, 2009 at 3:14 pm

    Niall Litchfield wrote:
    I see that Golden Gate software is now available for download from Oracle in
    apparently 64bit form only. Is Golden Gate a purely 64bit product (and yes I
    know Oracle will integrate/replace streams into this product line) or is it that
    only the 64bit software is up there for now. -- Niall Litchfield ...
    Hi Niall,

    I'm not sure what direction they are going since the Oracle buyout but
    in the past Golden Gate seemed to have their codebase prepped to build
    cross platform and would create binary builds on different platforms
    as requested by customers.

    I worked on a software product that leveraged Golden Gate TDM for
    replication and it seemed every time a big customer bought our product
    we were asking Golden Gate for a new build on some new platform. I
    know some of these platforms were 32-bit.

    -Dave

    --
    Dave Mann
    www.brainio.us

    Hope the link works for you. Might be of interest to you.

    http://www.oracle.com/webapps/dialogue/dlgpage.jsp?p_ext=Y&p_dlg_id=8286503&src=6878223&Act=31&msgid=8287286&eid=3927988045&lid=1
[...]

  • Powell, Mark at Nov 25, 2009 at 2:08 pm
    I would hazard a guess that you would want to use Golden Gate in place of streams where applicable because Golden Gate is Oracle's stated future direction.

    Can you tell me the advantages of using Golden Gate over Streams ?
    Thanks.

    Steff Gonos
    Littlestown PA

[...]

  • Steve montgomerie at Nov 25, 2009 at 6:50 pm
    Have a look-see on http://edelivery.oracle.com under Oracle Fusion
    Middleware and you'll see the 32 bit versions.

    On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Niall Litchfield