Do you know if window 2003 x64bit is certified for 11g 64 bit. I checked
the platform on metalink, there is no entry for Microsoft Windows 2003
(x64), I asked our os system, he said the server is not AMD64/EM64T, nor
Itanium, just x64. Do you have any idea if it is available?

Thanks,

Joan

Search Discussions

  • Allen, Brandon at Oct 1, 2009 at 4:21 pm
    I believe x64 is the same thing as AMD64/EM64T.

    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

    "AMD licensed its x86-64 design to Intel, where it is marketed under the name Intel 64 (formerly EM64T)."

  • Rich Jesse at Oct 1, 2009 at 4:24 pm
    Hey Joan,
    Do you know if window 2003 x64bit is certified for 11g 64 bit. I checked
    the platform on metalink, there is no entry for Microsoft Windows 2003
    (x64), I asked our os system, he said the server is not AMD64/EM64T, nor
    Itanium, just x64. Do you have any idea if it is available?
    Are your co-workers sure about that???

    http://www.tech-faq.com/em64t.shtml

    If you're still in-doubt, contact your Oracle Sales Rep who should be able
    to find out for you.

    HTH! GL!

    Rich
  • Karl Arao at Oct 1, 2009 at 4:27 pm
    Yup it is certified. I just checked on it.

    OS Product Certified With Version Status Addtl. Info. Components
    Other Install Issue
    2003 R2 64-bit 11gR1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
    2003 64-bit 11gR1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None

    You may also check the certification on your Storage stack.... let's
    say on EMC it's the Base Connectivity.
    You could download the EMC support matrix
    (http://www.emc.com/products/interoperability/index.htm) or use the
    E-Lab Interoperability Navigator

    Karl Arao
    http://karlarao.wordpress.com
  • Joan Hsieh at Oct 1, 2009 at 7:40 pm
    Thank you so much. I really appreciated.

    Karl Arao wrote:
    Yup it is certified. I just checked on it.

    OS Product Certified With Version Status Addtl. Info. Components
    Other Install Issue
    2003 R2 64-bit 11gR1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
    2003 64-bit 11gR1 64-bit N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None

    You may also check the certification on your Storage stack.... let's
    say on EMC it's the Base Connectivity.
    You could download the EMC support matrix
    (http://www.emc.com/products/interoperability/index.htm) or use the
    E-Lab Interoperability Navigator

    - Karl Arao
    http://karlarao.wordpress.com
  • Joan Hsieh at Oct 1, 2009 at 5:41 pm
    Thank you all, I finally got it clearly. Our OS system admin told me
    they are not the same which confused all of us.

    Thanks again,

    Joan

    William Muriithi wrote:
    Joan

    AMD64/EM64T are brand names for AND and Intel respectively. The generic name for both is x64.

    If you are using AMD processor, then you can use the brand name AMD64, else if on Intel EM64T is the brand name you are looking for.

    For ease, most operating people just group them together and call them X64, as there is no difference technically.

    William

    Do you know if window 2003 x64bit is certified for 11g 64 bit. I checked
    the platform on metalink, there is no entry for Microsoft Windows 2003
    (x64), I asked our os system, he said the server is not AMD64/EM64T, nor
    Itanium, just x64. Do you have any idea if it is available?

    Thanks,

    Joan

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle