Database: 10.2.0.3
DP: 10.2.0.1

I've received a datapump export of our production database (objects only) so
that I can test my migration script.

On first go, none of the tables were created because the requisite
tablespaces did not exist in my sandbox.

Via the docs, I found the
REMAP_TABLESPACE<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_import.htm#sthref342>parameter
which seemed to suit my needs.

The command line looked like this:

c:\temp>impdb cjustice/testing_at_testing dumpfile=prod.dmp
remap_tablespace=USERS:TABLESPACE_1,USERS_TABLESPACE_2,etc.

I received the following error:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 -
Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39046: Metadata remap REMAP_TABLESPACE has already been specified.

I also tried with semi-colons (;) and spaces as delimiters between the
multiple tablespaces, each time receiving the error above.

Would someone tell me how to use this particular piece of functionality or
point me in the right direction?

Thanks

chet

Search Discussions

  • Oliver aka v1k1ng0 at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:50 pm
    Hello,

    2009/9/17 chet justice
    The command line looked like this:

    c:\temp>impdb cjustice/testing_at_testing dumpfile=prod.dmp
    remap_tablespace=USERS:TABLESPACE_1,USERS_TABLESPACE_2,etc.

    I received the following error:

    Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 -
    Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
    ORA-39001: invalid argument value
    ORA-39046: Metadata remap REMAP_TABLESPACE has already been specified.

    I also tried with semi-colons (;) and spaces as delimiters between the
    multiple tablespaces, each time receiving the error above.

    Would someone tell me how to use this particular piece of functionality or
    point me in the right direction?
    it would be: remap_tablespace=original_tablespace:target_tablespace. If your
    target schema is different too, you have to use:
    remap_schema=original_schema:target_schema.
    I'm spanish, I'm sorry for my bad english. I hope that you can understand
    me.

    Cheers...
  • Oliver aka v1k1ng0 at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:52 pm
    Hello,

    2009/9/17 Oliver aka v1k1ng0
    it would be: remap_tablespace=original_tablespace:target_tablespace. If
    your target schema is different too, you have to use:
    remap_schema=original_schema:target_schema.
    I'm spanish, I'm sorry for my bad english. I hope that you can understand
    me.

    Cheers...
    another thing, if you need remap +1 tablespace, you need put
    remap_tablespace for each tablespace that you want remap ...

    Cheers...
  • Newman, Christopher at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm
    I think you want:

    Remap_tablespace=USERS:TABLESPACE_1, ADIFFERENTTABLESPACE:TABLESPACE_2,
    etc etc. You can't remap a tablespace twice.

[...]

  • Sweetser, Joe at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:51 pm
    Can say for sure but you have to remap each tablespace.

    Something like:

    Remap_tablespace=users:tablespace_1,users2:tablespace_2,users3:tablespac
    e_1,users4:tablespace_2

    Each pair in the list the remap. I don't believe you can remap one
    tablespace into many...which is sort of looks like you are trying to.

    Hth,

    -joe

[...]

  • Sweetser, Joe at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm
    Gotta proofread. Sheesh.

    Can say for sure = CAN'T say for sure

    Each pair in the list the remap = Each pair in the list is a remap

[...]

  • Neil kodner at Sep 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm
    you can have multiple REMAP_TABLESPACE clauses in your par file. you
    ARE using a par file aren't you? I have a routine expdp/imp where i
    remap about a dozen prod tablespaces into a single test tablespace.
    I've received a datapump export of our production database (objects
    only) so that I can test my migration script.

    On first go, none of the tables were created because the requisite
    tablespaces did not exist in my sandbox.

    Via the docs, I found the REMAP_TABLESPACE parameter which seemed to

    --
    chet justice
    http://oraclenerd.com

grouporacle-l @