Hi Experts,

In my SQL*Plus session, if I press Enter twice, it goes back to the prompt.
How do I change this kind of behavior?

SQL> select tablespace_name
2 from dba_tablespaces
3 where tablespace_name = 'SYSAUX';
TABLESPACE_NAME

SYSAUX

SQL> select tablespace_name
2
SQL> l
1* select tablespace_name

Thanks,

Roger Xu

Search Discussions

  • Lyall Barbour at Aug 24, 2009 at 7:16 pm
    it looks like sql*plus is doing exactly what it's supposed to by your
    example... >.> Can you detail out your problem a little more?Lyall

    --
    Be Yourself _at_ mail.com!
    Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

  • Roger Xu at Aug 24, 2009 at 7:28 pm
    It's not a problem not a inconvenience.
    We have a couple of BI developers who sent me SQL scripts with a blank line
    between lines.
    I have to take out them before I can run the script.

    SQL> !cat /tmp/test.sql
    select tablespace_name

    from dba_tablespaces

    where tablespace_name = 'SYSAUX';
    SQL> _at_/tmp/test.sql
    SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "from dba_t..." - rest of line ignored.
    SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "where tabl..." - rest of line ignored.
    SQL>
    it looks like sql*plus is doing exactly what it's supposed to by your
    example... >.>

    Can you detail out your problem a little more?
    Lyall

    In my SQL*Plus session, if I press Enter twice, it goes back to the prompt.
    How do I change this kind of behavior?

    SQL> select tablespace_name
    2 from dba_tablespaces
    3 where tablespace_name = 'SYSAUX';
    TABLESPACE_NAME
    ------------------------------
    SYSAUX
    SQL> select tablespace_name
    2
    SQL> l
    1* select tablespace_name

    Thanks,

    Roger Xu

    -- Be Yourself _at_ mail.com
    Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
    Get a *Free* Account at www.mail.com!
  • Rjamya at Aug 24, 2009 at 8:28 pm
    SET SQLBLANKLINES ON

    add to top of scripts and this should fix it for you.

    Raj
[...]

    -----
    Best regards
    Rjamya

  • Lyall Barbour at Aug 24, 2009 at 7:53 pm
    oh, sorry.Try: SET SQLBLANKLINES on and then your sql scripts: Connected
    to:
    Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit
    Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
    optionsprodban:SQL> select sysdate
    2
    prodban:SQL> from dual;
    SP2-0042: unknown command "from dual" - rest of line ignored.
    prodban:SQL> set sqlblanklines on
    prodban:SQL> select sysdate
    2
    3  from dual;SYSDATE

    24-AUG-09prodban:SQL>
    HTH,Lyall

    It's not a problem not a inconvenience. We have a couple of BI
    developers who sent me SQL scripts with a blank line between lines. I
    have to take out them before I can run the script. SQL> !cat
    /tmp/test.sql
    select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name =
    'SYSAUX';SQL> _at_/tmp/test.sql
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedAug 24, '09 at 7:03p
activeAug 24, '09 at 8:28p
websiteoracle.com

3 users in discussion

Lyall Barbour: 2 posts Roger Xu: 2 posts Rjamya: 1 post