Hi all,

I exhausted all ideas...
I have an oracle user that I am using to install client on Linux server.
I am using the following command:

./runInstaller -silent -force -debug -responseFile
/home/oracle/client/response/ clientadmin.rsp

the output is as following:

SEVERE:OUI-10037:Unable to set up inventory. You may not have the proper
permissions.
Begin forwarded message:

Oracle user has permissions to read, write and execute everything from the
folder.;.

oracle_at_median:~$ ls -lt -h
total 457M
*drwxrwxrwx 2 oracle dba 29 2009-08-11 10:10 oraInventory*
-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 457M 2009-08-10 13:56 10201_client_linux32.zip
drwxr-xr-x 6 oracle dba 95 2005-07-02 13:13 client

I really don't get what is going on and what it needs in order to proceed.
Please, share any ideas should you have them at all.

  • Subodh Deshpande at Aug 11, 2009 at 3:34 pm
    assume that you also have set the correct environment variables
    can you create the file in /tmp or /usr/tmp

    also check the file/s permissions inside oraInventory

    thanks..subodh

    ________________________________
    I have an oracle user that I am using to install client on Linux server.
    I am using the following command:

    ./runInstaller -silent -force -debug -responseFile /home/oracle/client/response/
    clientadmin.rsp

    the output is as following:

    SEVERE:OUI-10037:Unable to set up inventory. You may not have the proper permissions.

    Begin forwarded message:

    Oracle user has permissions to read, write and execute everything from the folder.;.

    oracle_at_median:~$ ls -lt -h
    total 457M
    drwxrwxrwx 2 oracle dba   29 2009-08-11 10:10 oraInventory
    -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 457M 2009-08-10 13:56 10201_client_linux32.zip
    drwxr-xr-x 6 oracle dba   95 2005-07-02 13:13 client

    I really don't get what is going on and what it needs in order to proceed.
    Please, share any ideas should you have them at all.

  • Jared Still at Aug 11, 2009 at 4:06 pm