Hi people.
Please, tell me what am I missing here? Did I forget something? I am not
sure I am following, why it is:

14:40:48 db_manager_at_prod8> select * from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS where
parameter='NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS';

PARAMETER VALUE
------------------------------
*NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS BYTE*

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01
14:41:34 db_manager_at_prod8> show parameter NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS

NAME TYPE VALUE
*nls_length_semantics string CHAR*

Oracle 10.2.0.4, NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET=AL16UTF16

Is this normal?

  • Maxim Demenko at Jul 22, 2009 at 7:12 pm