As one of the Alpha, Beta ....customers who Oracle consulted with during the implementation of Oracle Configuration Manager, Flash version of Metalink, etc.

I told them from the very first day...it is TOO slow! Constantly asked about this being deployed across different desktops. What do people see if they have no configurations uploaded, etc. Repeated myself every time we had a meeting. Great concept in that you could filter everything based on your hosts, configurations, etc.

Right now the biggest gotcha is seeing all the data associated with a single CSI, my understanding is that group privileges are on the way.

April Sims
SELECT IOUG Contributing Editor
http://aprilcsims.wordpress.com
OCP 8i, 9i, 10g DBA
Southern Utah University
sims_at_suu.edu
940-484-4276

Search Discussions

  • Mark W. Farnham at Jul 10, 2009 at 3:45 pm
    Would I be correct in summarizing that we're NOT opposed to the features of
    the flash versions, but rather we (oracle-l in general) are opposed to
    having zero widely available low bandwidth capable lifeline to support
    available?

    Please note that is a question, not an assertion.

    I recommend registering your vote in Jared's poll, on mix, and through the
    users groups to which you belong.

    April, if you and John K are thinking about an article on this, that would
    be great. Perhaps we can get Oracle to make superior choices about this for
    all of us!

[...]

  • Julio Aguilar-Chang at Jul 10, 2009 at 3:58 pm
    Could you please send the url for Jared's poll again. And the answer to
    your question is YES, you are absolutely correct.

    Mark W. Farnham wrote:
    Would I be correct in summarizing that we're NOT opposed to the features of
    the flash versions, but rather we (oracle-l in general) are opposed to
    having zero widely available low bandwidth capable lifeline to support
    available?

    Please note that is a question, not an assertion.

    I recommend registering your vote in Jared's poll, on mix, and through the
    users groups to which you belong.

    April, if you and John K are thinking about an article on this, that would
    be great. Perhaps we can get Oracle to make superior choices about this for
    all of us!
  • D'Hooge Freek at Jul 10, 2009 at 6:58 pm
    "Like the cut and paste Jared mentioned ..."

    I don't have any problem with cut and paste, can you an example?
    Maybe it is the flash version?

    my configuration:

    windows xp
    firefox 3.0.11