List,

Apologies for the rant, but am I the only one with a problem caused by
MetaLink's "retirement"?

It turns out My Oracle Support is not supported on (for example) HP-UX
B.11.11 (no Flash 9 for HP-UX), and that's what I have to use at work.
A strange decision by Oracle, to say the least. What's next - Knowledge Base
notes will only be available in Word format, maybe?

Regards,
Flado

Search Discussions

  • Goulet, Richard at Jul 9, 2009 at 1:47 pm
    Flado,

    Yesterday afternoon I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio
    for those of you not in the US) and it was stated that 90% of the worlds
    computers run on Microslop. Therefore it follows that way too many
    people are drinking the Microslop Kool-Aid. I know when I'm at home the
    only machine running Microslop is this laptop that my employer provides
    me with. Every thing else is Linux.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA
    PAREXEL International

    Apologies for the rant, but am I the only one with a problem caused by
    MetaLink's "retirement"?

    It turns out My Oracle Support is not supported on (for example) HP-UX
    B.11.11 (no Flash 9 for HP-UX), and that's what I have to use at work.
    A strange decision by Oracle, to say the least. What's next - Knowledge
    Base notes will only be available in Word format, maybe?

    Regards,
    Flado
  • Ray Stell at Jul 9, 2009 at 1:58 pm

    Apologies for the rant, but am I the only one with a problem caused by
    MetaLink's "retirement"?
    I've never been able to upload files from my OS X desktop to "My Oracle."
    Sigh.
  • Charles Schultz at Jul 9, 2009 at 2:05 pm
    A good place to rant:

    http://blogs.oracle.com/support/

    http://blogs.oracle.com/supportportal/

    I am sure they would also be willing to accept praise. **grin**

    --
    Charles Schultz

  • Jared Still at Jul 9, 2009 at 4:33 pm
    Done.
    Some praise intermingled with constructive criticism. :)

    Jared Still
    I am sure they would also be willing to accept praise. **grin**