What is the severity level of the SR? If it's a 3 or higher, that is why you are getting slow response.

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)
http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf

Original Message ----
From: Bill Ferguson
To: oracle-l-freelists
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:00:50 AM
Subject: Metalink response time

Hi all,

Has anybody filed a SR in the last few days and still waiting around
for a response?

I filed one Saturday morning (Denver time), about 7:30 am. Yesterday
at 9:30 am (about 50 hours later), it was finally assigned to an
analyst, who finally sent me an email early this morning about 2:30
am, simply saying they are looking into it.

The SR seems like it would be a fairly simple one for them. I was
going to perform an upgrade from 11.1.0.6 to 11.1.0.7, but the OUI
installer is somehow finding an incompatible previous installation of
the 10.2.0.4 Grid Control agent and won't continue, even if I tell it
to ignore it.

As I understand it, we have the 8-hour support option, 24/7, whatever
that equals (Bronze or Silver?).

This is by far the worst response I've ever received from Oracle
support in almost 20 years.

Search Discussions

  • Bill Ferguson at Jun 30, 2009 at 4:13 pm
    They rated it as a 3 since the database is still running. But, I can't
    upgrade and then apply a required patch I need for some spatial
    capabilities in the meantime.

    --
    -- Bill Ferguson

    On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Robert