Hi Listers,

Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating a
new database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining the
background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use
diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not available
error come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid of this error.

Another information is the first time was sucessful after copied all the
data files to the file system. After I exit the installation window, the
database is not up. So I deleted all and tried recreate the database and
can't passed the ora-32006 and ora-01034 errors.

This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,

Thanks,

Joan

Search Discussions

  • Rajeev Prabhakar at May 4, 2009 at 6:55 pm
    Hello Joan,

    Have you already removed the deprecated parameters ?

    By any chance, did you copy those init file from some
    older version (say 9i or 10g) of oracle ?

    Rajeev
    Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating a new
    database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining the
    background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use
    diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not available error
    come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid of this error.
    This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,
    Thanks,
    Joan
  • Joan Hsieh at May 4, 2009 at 7:11 pm
    I run dbca to create this new instance. so there is no init file at
    beginning. At the database configuration assitant:welcome window, I
    edited all initialization parmaters window and deleted the default value
    of backgroud_dump_dest, and added the value to diagnostic_dest.

    Thanks,

    Joan

    Rajeev Prabhakar wrote:
    Hello Joan,

    Have you already removed the deprecated parameters ?

    By any chance, did you copy those init file from some
    older version (say 9i or 10g) of oracle ?

    Rajeev

    Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating a new
    database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining the
    background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use
    diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not available error
    come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid of this error.
    This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,
    Thanks,
    Joan
  • Jack van Zanen at May 5, 2009 at 5:06 am
    Check the logfiles

    They should be in the oracle_home\cfgtoollogs\dbca\ somewhere (from
    memory)

    Post the exact messages that appear in the logfiles prior to the ora-01034

    Does an alert log get created in the diag destination? Any info in there?

    Brgds

    Jack

    2009/5/5 Joan Hsieh
    Hi Listers,

    Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating a new
    database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining the
    background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use
    diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not available error
    come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid of this error.

    Another information is the first time was sucessful after copied all the
    data files to the file system. After I exit the installation window, the
    database is not up. So I deleted all and tried recreate the database and
    can't passed the ora-32006 and ora-01034 errors.

    This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,

    Thanks,

    Joan

    Jack van Zanen

    -------------------------
    This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
    sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
    e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
    error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
    Thank you for your cooperation

  • Martin Berger at May 5, 2009 at 7:28 am
    Joan,

    what hardware are you runninig the dbca?

    Can you create the install-scripts with DBCA (at the last page, I
    guess) and run these manually? There you will see much better
    informations when the ORA-1034 happens.

    hth,
    Martin
    Hi Listers,

    Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating
    a new database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining
    the background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use
    diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not
    available error come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid
    of this error.

    Another information is the first time was sucessful after copied all
    the data files to the file system. After I exit the installation
    window, the database is not up. So I deleted all and tried recreate
    the database and can't passed the ora-32006 and ora-01034 errors.

    This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,

    Thanks,

    Joan

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle