Hello,

I am evaluating tools that capture and replay real database workload for
benchamarking and upgrade functionality testing; mostly for 9i to 10g
upgrade testing.
I have never seen a tool that can reproduce database workload; and at
first glance simulation is complex; given issues like intercepting all
statements that are issued by connected sessions; co-ordinating the
request timing for multiple sessions; handling the response data, etc.
Tricky. I am not clear on how it works; whether it snoops on processes
at the unix level, or logs into the database and trawl v$sql.

I came across this : http://www.exact-solutions.com/products/ireplay
which is related to iWatch, which seems to have been around for a while.

Has anyone use iReplay? Does it do what it says on the box?

Thanks!
Mark

  • ~Jeff~ at Apr 27, 2009 at 11:05 am
    Hi Mark - Oracle's Real Application Testing was backported to 9.2.0.8, if
    that's the kind of thing you're after. HTH
    .
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/manageability/database/pdf/ds/real-application-testing-datasheet.pdf

    .
    regards,
    Jeff Wong

    2009/4/27 Teehan, Mark

    I came across this : *http://www.exact-solutions.com/products/ireplay*<http://www.exact-solutions.com/products/ireplay>which is related to iWatch, which seems to have been around for a while.

    Has anyone use iReplay? Does it do what it says on the box?

    Thanks!
    Mark

  • Niall Litchfield at Apr 27, 2009 at 12:37 pm
    Not for replay. It's being used to sell upgrades right now. So capture
    works but not replay.
[...]

    Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
    communications disclaimer:

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA
    http://www.orawin.info