I am reading the duplicate chapter of Robert Freeman's RMAN book.

If I copy the backup files from server A to server B as mentioned in the book, do I then run RMAN on server B. If so, I understand that I will need a tns entry on server B back to the database on server A so RMAN can connect to the target. Is this correct?

Search Discussions

  • Jared Still at Apr 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm
    Something to keep in mind with RMAN duplicates:

    Commands sent to the database go to the 'target' (source),
    not the auxiliary.

    ie. shutdown abort will shutdown the source database

    The terminology for duplicates is rather misleading IMO.

    Jared Still