Hi fellows,

I've oracle 10g (10.2.0.4) running at Linux with partitioning option. The
users were running pipelines while I was informed that the they got crashed.
When I checked the alert log file, I could see the following error messages:

*Wed Apr 15 14:03:54 2009
Process P003 died, see its trace file
Wed Apr 15 14:03:55 2009
Process P004 died, see its trace file
Wed Apr 15 14:03:56 2009

Process P003 died, see its trace file
Process P003 died, see its trace file
Process P003 died, see its trace file
Process P003 died, see its trace file

Wed Apr 15 14:04:02 2009
Process P005 died, see its trace file
Process P005 died, see its trace file

*Now, the wierd thing is, I really dont see anything in the trace file that
could point anything that could have caused this.

I checked my parameters and found that the PROCESSES parameter was set to a
very low value (i.e.150). Now I've increased it to 400 but this is just a
shot in dark. I'm totally unsure if this could be the reason.

Can anyone please help me? Its quite urgent.

Thanks,

Khan.

Search Discussions

  • Saad Khan at Apr 15, 2009 at 7:31 pm
    Sorry, I was looking the trace files in the bdump directory.

    When I checked the traces at udump, I found following in some of them:
    *
    Process P003 is dead (pid=25576, state=3):
    kxfpg1srv

    could not start local P003
    *** 2009-04-15 14:03:56.381
    Process P003 is dead (pid=25580, state=3):
    kxfpg1srv

    could not start local P003
    *** 2009-04-15 14:03:57.384
    Process P003 is dead (pid=25582, state=3):
    kxfpg1srv

    could not start local P003
    *** 2009-04-15 14:03:58.387
    Process P003 is dead (pid=25584, state=3):
    kxfpg1srv

    could not start local P003
    *** 2009-04-15 14:03:59.417
    Process P003 is dead (pid=25586, state=3):
    kxfpg1srv

    could not start local P003*

    Does this ring a bell?