Manual upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2.0.4
HP UNIX

Have any of you guys encountered this situation when running the pre
upgrade script (utlu102i.sql)? (output pasted below)

The upgrade manual shows the exact output that Im getting on one
database (as an example of what to expect) and then addresses it on the

*Components*
This section displays a list of database components in the new Oracle
Database 10g
release *that will be upgraded or installed when the current database is
upgraded.*

My real question is, is the upgrade process going to install these
"missing" features?
Or does it mean, Im supposed to install it form the companion CD?

My customer is telling me it should be installed BEFORE the upgrade.

Any experience with this?

Thanks
Bob

Components: [The following database components will be upgraded or
installed]

--> Oracle Catalog Views [upgrade]
VALID

--> Oracle Packages and Types [upgrade]
VALID

*--> JServer JAVA Virtual Machine [upgrade]
VALID

...The 'JServer JAVA Virtual Machine' JAccelerator
(NCOMP)

...is required to be installed from the 10g Companion

CD. *
--> Oracle XDK for Java [upgrade]
VALID
--> Oracle Java Packages [upgrade]
VALID
--> Oracle Text [upgrade]
VALID
--> Oracle XML Database [upgrade]
VALID
--> Oracle Workspace Manager [upgrade]
VALID
--> Oracle Data Mining [upgrade]
VALID
*--> Oracle interMedia [upgrade]
VALID
...The 'Oracle interMedia Image Accelerator'
is
...required to be installed from the 10g Companion
CD. *
*--> Oracle Ultra Search [upgrade]
VALID
... To successfully upgrade Ultra Search, install it
from

... the 10g Companion CD. *

This can be interperated that Im supposed to install it from the
companion cd

Page 3-6 of the upgrade manual (B14238-02)
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10gR2/server.102/b14238/title.htm
See the pdf version

shows my situation exactly, pg 3-8 under components seems to state that
the upgrade handles installing the components...

Search Discussions

  • Orcl at Mar 31, 2009 at 1:25 pm
    I think I may also mention that
    I have 5 databses sharing one home

    my plan is to install 10.2.0.1 - patch to 10.2.0.4 into a new home, and
    add all patches, then manually upgrade 1 database at a time to the new home

    orcl wrote:
    Manual upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2.0.4
    HP UNIX
    Have any of you guys encountered this situation when running the pre
    upgrade script (utlu102i.sql)? (output pasted below)

    The upgrade manual shows the exact output that Im getting on one
    database (as an example of what to expect) and then addresses it on
    the next page

[...]

  • SHEEHAN, JEREMY at Mar 31, 2009 at 1:31 pm
    Does anyone know where the 10g segment advisor stores it's data?

    Jeremy
    P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
  • Kurt at Mar 31, 2009 at 5:35 pm
    Hi Jeremy,

    I'm wondering what problem you're trying to solve?

    While not answering your question directly, maybe these two procedures might
    provide the information you are looking for:

    DBMS_SPACE.ASA_RECOMMENDATIONS

    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/schema.htm#sthref2129

    DBMS_SPACE.OBJECT_GROWTH_TREND

    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_space.htm#i1002179

    I hope this helps.
    Kurt

    --
    The opinions expressed in this email are my own, and not my company's.
    Does anyone know where the 10g segment advisor stores it's data?

    *
    *
  • SHEEHAN, JEREMY at Mar 31, 2009 at 5:41 pm
    Kurt,

    I wanted to find the tables so I could create a procedure that run the segment advisor then act on what it finds. I know it could be risky doing this, but if I have a small timeframe in which to shrink space on tables/indexes and it's 2am in the morning, I'd like to have this run automatically. Where I work has an application that likes to insert/delete into tables... Frequently and space is becoming a serious issue for the users. We're not able to get any larger file systems for a while and this is one way that I can manage keeping the space to a minimum.

    I will look over the documents.

    Thank you,