FWIW, I've placed a link to your comments [rant] on my blog !

Hemant K Chitale
http :// hemantoracledba. blogspot. com /
2009/03/database-indepence-anyone.html
At 07:56 AM Friday, Tim Gorman wrote:
I am always amazed at the tacit and universal acceptance of the
phrase "database independence" as a good thing.

Long story short -- examine the "database independence" requirement
very closely from the perspective of those who are relying on the
application, and those who are paying for it.

Question authority -- especially IT people who have embedded the
word "architect" into their job title...

-Tim Gorman
<http://www.EvDBT.com>www.EvDBT.com
DBA Hole

Tim Gorman
consultant - Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 27, '09 at 4:22p
activeMar 27, '09 at 4:22p