I was experiencing the same problem and followed the suggestion of granting select only on new tables created since the previous day. Well, running a trace on the session I found one select statement that was taking a huge amount of time:

select c.name, u.name from con$ c, cdef$ cd, user$ u where c.con# = cd.con# and cd.enabled = :1 and c.owner# = u.user#

Searching in Metalink, I found the article:

Subject: Analyze On Sys Tables Degrade Performance
Doc ID: 375944.1

Which suggested removing statistics from the tables referenced above:

analyze table user$ delete statistics;
analyze table con$ delete statistics;
analyze table cdef$ delete statistics;

I tried this and my grants are running smoothly. I hope this applies to yours as well.

Regards,

Michael Ruiz

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle