Good day,
We're doing some data conversion on Oracle 10g 64 bit (OEL L64 bit as well)
where the developers would like to compare against
a similar environment running under sql server. They db_links and or some
combination of synonyms so that they do
their compares.

What I have found is that hetergenous services will do the trick but.....
Only works on 11g or I can buy a third party driver for $$$$

Is that what I am stuck with? Have a seperate install for Oracle 11 or buy a
driver?

fyi the metalink reference is doc 261676.1

Search Discussions

  • Powell, Mark D at Feb 5, 2009 at 6:01 pm
    Steve, I think you need to explain the issue in a little more detail.
    The referenced article "Error when creating and using an approval rule
    not based on USD" does not give me an understanding of the issues you
    face and how 11g will overcome them.

    Mark D Powell --
    Phone (313) 592-5148

    We're doing some data conversion on Oracle 10g 64 bit (OEL L64
    bit as well) where the developers would like to compare against
    a similar environment running under sql server. They db_links
    and or some combination of synonyms so that they do
    their compares.

    What I have found is that hetergenous services will do the trick
    but.....
    Only works on 11g or I can buy a third party driver for $$$$

    Is that what I am stuck with? Have a seperate install for Oracle

    11 or buy a driver?

    fyi the metalink reference is doc 261676.1
  • Kathy duret at Feb 5, 2009 at 6:08 pm
    You need to download the 11i gateway for 64 bit 10G
    install in a separate home from 10G.
    You then need to set up HS
    You can use the free TDS drive.  We used the IBM driver

    HS has been working since 8i.

    Steve, I think you need to explain the issue in a little more detail.  The referenced article "Error when creating and using an approval rule not based on USD" does not give me an understanding of the issues you face and how 11g will overcome them.

    -- Mark D Powell --
    Phone (313) 592-5148

    We're doing some data conversion on Oracle 10g 64 bit  (OEL L64 bit as well) where the developers would like to compare against
    a similar environment running under sql server. They db_links and or some combination of synonyms so that they do
    their compares.

    What I have found is that hetergenous services will do the trick but.....
    Only works on 11g or I can buy a third party driver for $$$$

    Is that what I am stuck with? Have a seperate install for Oracle 11 or buy a driver?

    fyi the metalink reference is doc 261676.1
  • Steve montgomerie at Feb 5, 2009 at 6:24 pm
    Mark,
    Here's what I'm looking at

    Modified Date: 25-NOV-2008 Status: PUBLISHED

    ------------------------------
    We're doing some data conversion on Oracle 10g 64 bit (OEL L64 bit as
    well) where the developers would like to compare against
    a similar environment running under sql server. They db_links and or some
    combination of synonyms so that they do
    their compares.

    What I have found is that hetergenous services will do the trick but.....
    Only works on 11g or I can buy a third party driver for $$$$

    Is that what I am stuck with? Have a seperate install for Oracle 11 or buy
    a driver?

    fyi the metalink reference is doc 261676.1

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 5, '09 at 5:47p
activeFeb 5, '09 at 6:24p